Legal& Privacy Information
Information We May Collect
We collect three main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services: (1) information from or about you or your devices; (2) information from or about your Townsend equipment; and (3) information from or about your Townsend products. Depending on the Townsend products and services you request, own, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable to you.
From or about you or your devices
We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail, payment information, driver’s license or other government identification information) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through our Digital Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services (the “Digital Services”), e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or register your product with us.
- Through credit applications and other forms: We may collect additional information from you or others on your behalf on our credit application and other forms to support our product lease or other financing offerings, such as date of birth, Social Security number, bank routing information, and credit related information. We also receive information about you from consumer reporting agencies such as credit history and capacity.
- From other sources: We also may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, certified installers, third-party equipment repair or service centers, and social media platforms.
- Townsend Account: Customers who purchase certain Townsend products will receive a Townsend Account, which is hosted on our website. We may collect and process the following types of data for your Townsend Account that you elect to provide to us: your customer registration information; the status of your order; warranty and other documentation for your Townsend products; and general information about your Townsend products (including, for example, equipment identification number or other product serial number, service plan information, or connectivity package), insurance forms, driver’s licenses, financing agreements, and similar information. You can access your Townsend Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit a Townsend show room or repair facility, attend one of our events, sign up for a demonstartion , place an order over the phone, or contact our customer service or sales department.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Digital Services (such as the Townsend App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Digital Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Digital Services (including e-mail recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Digital Services and response rates.
§ You can learn about Google’s practices in connection with this information collection and how to opt out of it by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.